Sales Force Design
In many companies the sales force is the most significant and valuable investment that a sales and marketing organisation will make. As a key promotion tool in conveying company information it is crucial that any sales force design is aligned around the needs of the customers and successful companies will change outdated sales force structures in order to keep pace with market shifts. To do this successfully companies must devote significant effort to designing the sales force they need and have robust processes in place to make sure that it is implemented successfully. Mercurial assists clients with key questions in considering the right sales force design:
- What is the optimal product or service portfolio assigned to each sales team and how should we allocate detailing effort across these?
- What is the ideal combination of sales teams and other sales channels to deliver maximum return on promotional strategy?
- How much sales resource and effort do I need to deliver an optimal promotional return on sales force investment?
- How should I best align my sales team with key accounts and customer segments?
- What is the degree of specialisation required and what are the ideal reporting relationships?
- How can we best implement change whilst minimizing disruption?
Mercurial have a demonstrated expertise and experience in developing and implementing field force design techniques and recommendations. We combine data and scientific methodologies with a range of best fit sales models to yield the best design and resource recommendations required to optimally accelerate business growth.