Mercurial Insights understands the importance of protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you use our website.
Personal Information We Collect
The main types of personal information we collect are:
• for HCPs, personal information relating to an HCP’s professional activities as further described below under “Information collected for our Analytical Offerings”;
• for business contacts with whom we have dealings, identifying information (e.g. full name, date of birth, job title) and contact details (e.g. company / practice name, address, telephone / fax number and e-mail address) and contact preferences;
• for job applicants, the applicant’s CV, references, professional details, qualifications and other relevant background information; and
• any other personal information which you provide to us.
How we Collect Personal Information
We may collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
• when you interact with us or our representatives (for example, at or in connection with events such as demonstrations or seminars, in e-mails with comments or questions submitted through our website, or otherwise);
• from our business contacts, including our clients (for example, as described below under “Information collected for our Analytical Offerings”); and
• in any other manner notified to you at or around the time we collect your personal information.
Information Collected for Our Analytical Offerings
In order to conduct analysis and provide services to our clients, we may collect certain personal information about healthcare professionals (HCPs). Our clients may provide us with HCP lists based on information contained in their CRM systems or information which has been sourced from third party suppliers. We may also collect data regarding HCPs from publicly available sources, such as the internet and Medicare Locals statistics reports. As part of our analytical activities, we may also combine personal information with other information we hold, or analyse it against such information, which we hold to create new personal information.
We do not collect personal information about individual patients or named HCP prescribing data for analytical purposes. Instead, we use anonymous demographic information or generalised prevalence data to conduct our analysis.
Other Information Collected Automatically via Our Website
We collect certain information automatically about visitors to our website. If you do nothing during your visit but browse through our website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally by name. We automatically collect and store only the following information about visitors to our website:
- The Internet domain IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our website;
- The date and time you access our website;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to our website from another website, the address of that website
We use the information we collect to count the number and type of visitors to the different pages on our website, and to help us make our website more useful to visitors like you.
If we do not Collect Your Personal Information
If you do not provide us with your personal information when requested, this may limit the assistance and services we are able to provide you. If you are an HCP, it may also mean you will not be represented in our research and analysis.
Storage of Your Personal Information
We may store your personal information in hard copy form or electronically. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
How we Use and Disclose Personal Information
We may use or disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing new products and services);
- internal and external administration purposes;
- if you are a job applicant, as part of our recruitment and candidate screening process;
- to provide or improve our services to you or to respond to a request you have made;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of any person, including Mercurial;
- to facilitate the potential or actual transfer of some or all of the assets and operations of our business to another party; and
- any other purpose notified to you at or around the time of collecting your personal information.
We may also use or disclose your personal information as required or authorised by law, and also with your consent.
If you are an HCP, we may use your personal information to undertake analysis and prepare products for our clients. Reports provided to clients may contain some HCP personal information in the form of opinions and other information which would usually be publicly available information (such as name, speciality and practice location).
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our business partners, suppliers, service providers and related bodies corporate;
- our professional advisors, accountants, insurers, lawyers and auditors on a confidential basis;
- in certain circumstances, to third parties that require information for law enforcement purposes; and
- any other third parties notified to you at or around the time we collect your personal information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
If you want to know exactly what personal information we hold about you, you may request access to your record by contacting us at the above address. We endeavour to respond to requests within a reasonable time.
If you wish to change personal information that we hold about you because it is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us at the details below and we will amend our records.
Contacting us Regarding Privacy Issues
You may contact us by completing the form on the contact us page on our website, by telephoning us on +61 (0)2 8705 8750 or by writing to us at the following postal address:
Level 5 Charter Grove, 29-57 Christie Street, St Leonards, NSW 2065
F: +61 (0)2 8003 9120
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we handle your personal information, or if you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at the above address. We will investigate your complaint and will use reasonable endeavours to respond to you in writing in a timely manner. If we fail to respond to your complaint within a reasonable time of receiving it in writing or if you are dissatisfied with our response, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”). Details of how to contact the OAIC are located at www.oaic.gov.au/.
Please include your full name and address, and full details of your enquiry, request or complaint in all messages to us.